Web Teks is a leading digital transformation agency. Our mission is to drive success for our clients through design, development and implementation of leading-edge enterprise technology solutions. Our team’s focus on delivering results for our clients has made us the go-to firm for many Fortune 500 companies and smaller niche firms around the country.
Web Teks is seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer with AWS and strong scripting skills.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will work with diverse technologies to build tools and automation to eliminate manual operations and craft repeatable processes, thereby maintaining a highly available server infrastructure for deploying instances, applying operating system updates, managing configuration changes, and system tuning. Work collaboratively with the software engineering team to design continuous integration best practices, deploy applications, and automate operations and processes. Collaborate with other members of the engineering and operations community to ensure successful implementation of DevOps strategies and architectures to enterprise applications and infrastructure, create, measure, analyze, and present reports to management representing current information systems operations, and identify where opportunities for improvement exist.
Required Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- 3+ years of hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 2+ years of experience with a Web-based software development or operations related position
- Solid knowledge of AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to: AMIs, Route53, VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, SQS, Cloud Watch
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning of systems, securing of VPC, implementation of Security Groups, Identity and Access Management, Backups, Restore and Disaster Recovery
- 1+ years of experience with DevOps and automation frameworks, including Chef, Docker, Puppet, or Jenkins
- CLI and API scripting (Bash/Shell, Python, Javscript)
- System health monitoring and optimizing performance (CloudWatch, SolarWinds, Nagios, SumoLogic, Splunk)
- Knowledge of data storage, including using a file system, relational database, or NoSQL variant, such as Redis and Elasticsearch
- Administration of web servers running Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Nginx
- Networking including DNS, certificate management, load balancing, firewalls and routing.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Enterprise scale cloud environment delivering PaaS and/or SaaS solutions
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing business needs
- Work well with cross functional global and remote teams
- Worked in an operational support role with after hours on call responsibilities
Desired Education/Certifications & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- AWS Certification preferred
- ITIL Foundation Certification v3 (a plus)
- Multi-region, multi-tenant environment experience
- Ability to work effectively independently and on diverse teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adapt in a fast–paced and changing environment
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Web Teks' dynamic, fast-paced and fun culture include free snacks, monthly employee events, corporate discounts, free parking, and flexible schedules and remote work opportunities.